<body>

Friday, October 24, 2003

...It hurts to feel inadequate and unworthy of someone with all the right qualities, and I don't pretend not to cry at nights knowing that the permanence of loneliness in my life is a big possibility. But the philosophy that has kept my sanity in check is that there is no point in being miserable about something that is not tangible in my life just yet...I see nothing much that can be done when you don't even see what you want. If there's another thing I've learned, it's never to settle for anything less than what I need. The sad thing about life is that dreams are usually so cookie-cutter perfect, that people just settle for the closest things to them. They don't believe in the existence and sheer possibilities of their own desires. Like me, they're probably afraid to...But what does prepare a person for love and desire, pain and loss? Each of un runs from even the things we want, primarily because we are afraid to claim them as ours, of consequently being incapable of keeping them, and of realizing that we are inadequate for their needs and wants.

Runaway
Trina Dela Rama
From Malate, the official literary folio of DLSU

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home