<body>

Sunday, September 21, 2003

Today is the 31st anniversary of the day Marcos declared martial law. I wasn't alive then, neither have my parents met, so you must think it strange that I should choose to recognize it.
Simple.
Because it's important to remember.
Because I know of too many parents whose sons and daughters disappeared.
Because my mom walked out of Dekada '70, saying that what was on the screen reflected the images she carries in her head about friends who were never seen again.
Because my dad was rounded up one night and didn't go home for days because he missed curfew.
Because my grandmother nearly lost both daughters in one night.

*BatJay, may kopya ka na ba ng Bakit Baligtad Magbasa ang Pinoy? Sabihin mo lang at padadalhan kita. Kasi natapos ko yung libro kanina tapos naalala ko yung mga sinusulat mo sa blog mo. Swak na swak kayo ng pananaw ni Bob Ong.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home