<body>

Monday, August 18, 2003

When I was younger, the only thing I wanted more than food and air was (were?) books. I remember my mom once asked me what I wanted when I turned eighteen and I looked up at her and answered: "a library." She smiled at me and from that day on, I got 3 new books every week.

I also got a huge box of books from my grandfather right before he died. I didn't know much about my mom's dad, because he and my grandmother separated even before my mom met sperm donor. I don't recall ever really talking to him or receiving gifts or letters either, but I figured that he must be a good sort to send me books.

One of the books included in the package was a paperback called "Hey, Didi Darling", it was written by S.A. Kennedy and was published around 1984. I loved that book to death. Even after The Uses of Enchantment, Color is the Suffering of Light and She's Come Undone, I go back to that book and realize that it still speaks to me as clearly now as it did all those years ago.

[in my ears] Crazy-Britney Spears

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home