<body>

Thursday, July 10, 2003

One of my favorite hobbies is watching old movies and checking out the bit players then seeing if some of them made something out of their careers. Last night's old movie was To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar. No matter how many times I watch it, I still get a kick out of seeing Blade (aka Wesley Snipes) in drag.

So anyway, in that movie I saw the gwapo-licious Michael Vartan (staright-to-video Vartan, he calls himself - don't you just love a guy who has a sense of humor??), playing a redneck named Tommy. He was the one who was (wo)manhandled by Noxema Jackson (aka Jesse's daughter, aka Blade, aka Wesley Snipes). You should go see it. Watch out for him at the end during the Strawberry Social - he's wearing a red brocade jacket and his hair is all slicked back. I also saw Blythe Danner (Gwynnie's mommy). But does she count? Methinks not.

But the highlight of that movie is still Miss ChiChi Rodriguez (?), played wonderfully by John Leguizamo. Especially the part when one of the London twins (I can't tell them apart, can you?) begins courting. Hys-te-ri-cal, I tell you.


[in my head] i still have a job!!!!
[in my ears] Ladyfingers by Luscious Jackson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home