<body>

Saturday, January 11, 2003

Just got hold of a book by Randolf S. David (Prof. Randy David, to us inhabitanats of the P.I.). I forgot what is was called, but it was a collection of the articles he had written for the Philippine Daily Inquirer. Everything was good. They were all cleverly written and I felt as if the good professor were reading the entries to me as I read them. For one who is extremely passionate about what he teaches and his convictions for the motherland, Prof. David is a very soft-spoken man. Very malumanay.....

I, on the other hand, belong to the school of thought that believes that passion is best expressed with noise. Plus, my statements are often punctuated with gesticulations that, if done by someone lighter, would cause that individual to take flight. As Jessica Zafra said: If you can't dazzle them with artistry, drown them with noise.......

You should all get a copy of Professor David's book....It's available at the Sociology Department of the University of the Philippines. 250 Pesos, I think....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home